Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ginger

I've started an experimental Ginger Beer, from a recipe here . I've done just a gallon, to see how it goes.

With a successful brew, I'll extend this to a full FV and see how it goes. I reckon that would be a good brew to have lying around in the summer.

Despite my determination to get the IPA brewing in my last post, I only got this started last weekend, 2 weeks after the last post! Even though my fermenting bin is in the utiltiy room, which seems to be around 12-15 degrees C only, the IPA is on the go. It'll take a little while longer and I think it'll be good for it. It can't hurt to brew slowly, as it gives time for the flavours to develop properly.

My aim is to have a shed 'full' of a few different brews, enough to have a selection ready for whatever takes my fancy. I see this as a lager or two, ginger beer, the IPA and a couple of different wines. I really enojy this side of the brewing, and am looking forward to getting my 'rolling stock' moving along nicely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home