Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ginger update

I've completed a ginger beer test. I mixed grated ginger, dried ginger' sugar, a lime, a lemon and a few other things for a trial. After bottling and conditioning it's clearly not quite right.

It's too citrusy (fair enough, easy to tone down), not gingery enough upfront (should be ok to amend), and not quite sweet enough (i've got some artificial sweetener for the next batch. I'm going to do a couple more test DJ's this weekend, with more ginger and others with more cayenne/chilli to get more heat in.
I'm keen to get this right, as i think a good alcoholic ginger beer will be a winner at parties!

I've also just bottled my coopers IPA. It looks good for now, will see how it goes when conditioned!

I'm now on the lookout for my next beer, probably another lager, as that's my priority...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home